Tuesday 27 December 2011

Do Christians Read Sexy Books (R18 Content)

This is something that has bothered me for some time. Having perused my wife's historical romances I have found the sex scenes to be very graphic. In my yet to be published novel I have written some pretty graphic sex scenes. As a Christian, I do wonder whether or not I should tone them down. In discussions with others, it has been pointed out to me that the scenes depict real life. I do agree. I would be disappointed however if my position as a Christian writer was to be tarnished by the sex in a novel. Hmmm, what to decide. 

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure about the Christianity side as one can not put all Christians in the same pigeon hole but I believe that it is a part of life and should not be hidden away . Is this not along the similar issues with book burnings. We are a modern world and find that open honesty is the best way forward also find that how you write the scenes may also be important will it help someone on to a better path. These are just my views however and I am sure a lot of people will have completely different views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Sapphire. I must admit that I do have the desire to 'spread the word' and to reach those who would not normally be reached. While there was an outcry about the Da Vinci code it was my belief, from a Christian point of view, that if it resulted in one person reaching for a Bible then job done. Again thank you and bless you. Jim

    ReplyDelete